Orecchiette with Broccolini and Sausage
Here is a recipe for orecchiette with Sausage and Broccolini in a cream sauce:
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- 2 bunches of broccolini, trimmed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Cook the orecchiette in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large pan, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Remove the sausage from its casing and add it to the pan. Cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the broccolini to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred.
- Add the garlic to the pan with the sausage and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until it's melted and well combined.
- Add the cooked orecchiette and pan-fried broccolini to the pan and toss everything together until well coated in the sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water to thin it out.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!